ARTICLE 1 – APPROVAL OF NEW MEMBERS
Individuals wishing to join the association must send a membership application form to join the association by email or by post.
Applications of new members are then considered at the board meetings. The candidate will then receive the board’s decision, either by email or by post, to validate or reject the application. In case of validation, the future member must send the payment of his contribution within one month after the date of dispatch of this (e)mail, otherwise his membership application will not be validated.
ARTICLE 2 – ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION
All members are subject to an annual fee of €15, except for students, job seekers and retired persons who can benefit from a reduced annual fee of €10, on presentation of a proof.
Active members are those who have paid their annual subscription.
Benefactor members are persons who pay a higher subscription than “active” members, or, more simply, persons who regularly make donations to the association. In the latter case, the title of benefactor member does not confer any special right.
The amount of subscriptions shall be fixed each year by the general meeting.
ARTICLE 3 – RESIGNATION – EXCLUSION – DEATH OF A MEMBER
1. The resignation must be sent to the Board members by registered letter addressed to the president of the association. The resignation shall not be motivated by the resigning member.
2. As indicated in Article 8 of the Statutes of the association, the removal of a member may be pronounced by the Board members for a serious reason. In particular, the following are considered to be serious grounds:
- a repeated non participation in the activities of the association;
- any action which may directly or indirectly prejudice the activities of the association or its reputation;
- criminal conviction for crime and offence.
In any event, the person concerned must be given the opportunity to present his defence before the decision to exclude him.
The exclusion decision shall be decided by the Board members, acting by a two-thirds majority of the members present.
3. In the event of the death of a member, the heirs or legatees cannot claim any maintenance in the association of that member.
The subscription paid to the association is not refundable, even in case of resignation, exclusion or death of a member during the year.
ARTICLE 4 – GENERAL MEETINGS – VOTING PROCEDURES
1. Votes of members present
Members present vote by show of hands. However, a vote by secret ballot may be requested by the Board members or more than 50% of the members present.
2. Vote by proxy
As indicated in Article 10 of the Statutes of the association, if a member of the association cannot attend the general meeting personally, he may be represented by an agent under the conditions specified in that article.
ARTICLE 5 – REIMBURSEMENT ALLOWANCES
Only elected members of the Board may be reimbursed for expenses incurred in the course of their duties and on justification.
The maximum rate of these refunds is 40 € per night, 15 € per meal and 10 € for telephone bills.
Board members may have the option of dropping these refunds and donating them to the association for the purpose of reducing income tax (art.200 CGI).
ARTICLE 6 – WORKING COMMITTEE
Working committees may be set up by decision of the Board members.
ARTICLE 7 – AMENDMENT OF THE RULES OF PROCEDURE
These rules may be amended by the Board members and approved at an ordinary or extraordinary general meeting by an absolute majority of the active members present and, or represented.
Done at Clermont-Ferrand, 18 January 2020